Rook update

I’m revisiting the Rook that I’ve been working on for a longer-term chess set project. I’d specifically like to share my thoughts on the creation of the head on this little fella… As you can see the head turned out much different than the image Eric provided. I decided to leave it at this stage without the…

the Chess set

…has been an ominous undertaking, YEARS in the making. Originally, I shelved the idea once it sunk in that I’d be sculpting 32 separate pieces, 16 of which needed to be fairly identical… ugh. But now, having spent years honing my skills at moldmaking I’ve returned to the idea. I went right to it, sculpting…